Which were the greatest sports teams in history and what distinguished those teams from other celebrated, but not quite so excellent teams?
Sam Walker, an editor at The Wall Street Journal, set out 11 years ago to answer those questions. He checked the normal factors we assume are responsible for team success, including having one of the great athletes of all time in its ranks, overall talent, money and resources, culture, management, and the coach.
None explained the difference.
In the end, it was the team captains – and seven traits they shared -- that explained the difference between all-time greatness and the rest of the field. Although his book, The Captain Class, has a broad scope, Mr. Walker says it's about a single idea, "one that is simple, powerful, and can be applied to teams in many other fields, from business and politics to science and the arts. It's the notion that the most critical ingredient in a team that achieves and sustains historic greatness is the character of the players who lead it."
Let us help you develop your leaders for a championship!
BECOME A DIFFERENCE MAKER!
CONFIDENCE, MENTAL TOUGHNESS, and LEADERSHIP skills!
You will learn:
- How your core character strengths serve as the foundation for a higher self-image and confidence.
- Our proven mental toughness process for dealing with setbacks and pressure.
- The 4 levels of leadership that move people towards better results!
Discover your character strengths and appreciate how they add value to every relationship and every team.
You matter, you’re relevant, you are needed!
Competitive environments will challenge your mental toughness.
Learn the process for taking ownership over your thoughts and feelings for a better response!
Good leaders are in demand! Learn how to influence others and build a winning culture for your team.
Every team rises and falls on leadership!
Coach of the year!
Last year, we were blessed to work with three (3) "coach of the year" award winners.
Ask yourself this question. Is it a coincidence?
Coach support program
Competitive sports are played by people, coached by people, and managed by people!
We focus on communications and relationship building because we’ve learned that trusting relationships with coaches is the most effective way to help athletes find the courage to stretch themselves towards their full potential.
- Good coaches prepare the team with a game plan.
- Great coaches see each athlete in the light of their potential!
WE KNOW HOW TO BUILD A WINNING CULTURE
Many leaders and coaches want to build a performance culture, but few know how to do it.
Our proven approach helps every team climb another level.
Our record speaks for itself!
- - Toronto Maple Leafs - playoff bound since part of the program
- - Notre Dame - ranked 2nd in the NCAA, league champions, conference champions and frozen four finalist!
- - Colgate University - ranked 2nd in the NCAA and frozen four finalist!
- - Colby College - conference champions and frozen four finalist!
The ability to communicate effectively with others is the most powerful skill found in leaders. Harvard states that it accounts for 85% of a leader's success with a team and in their career.
We have a proven methodology for helping leaders communicate to form strong connections!